Greetings

Welcome to my artistic endeavor. Angel is my name, but some people also just call me Megs. For more information or nifty eye candy, feel free to check out my gallery at: angelandthestickmen.deviantart.com

Thursday 18 July 2013

Where did that come from?

Greetings Travelers,

Over the course of the last few years, more people have discovered my little corner of the universe.  I'm finding it more frequent that newcomers will ask after the source of my ideas.  In truth, my mind is void when I draw. 

I know that everyone tries to find a message in art work; else it's simply a pretty thing to look at.  Though, the latter isn't the worst thing that could happen.  Even still, there is only one drawing that I actually drew with intent - 'On We Go.'

This is not to say that all of my work has no meaning.  My underlying purpose in artwork has its roots in one small image - stickmen.  Everyone can draw a stickman if they really want to.  It might have a deformed head; it might be malaportioned; it might have no torso.  However, no human is exactly alike, so your creation ought to be as unique as you are.  

My whole concept of artwork stems from this notion that everyone can draw in some capacity.  If I have a purpose, than the aforementioned would be my source.

Though, there are those that will find additional gems in my work which I was never aware of when I created it.  These are the people I truly appreciate.  They are able to see things from the products of my hands that my mind stowed away in my subconscious.

Fret not, there is meaning hidden in the smallest of holes when your thoughts are open to receive it.


Sincerely,
Angel and the Stickmen

No comments:

Post a Comment